Join a global e-learning startup as a key senior member of our small, growing team.
Get My Grades is an education startup operating internationally, primarily on specialist e-learning projects. We have a small core team and are looking for a senior front-end developer to join us to lead on our front-end development.
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to join our growing team as we scale up our operations. Our current technologies are VueJS (frontend), Laravel PHP (backend) and AWS.
Why work with us and what will it be like?
Applicants should be self-disciplined and able to plan their own time and focus on the task at hand to ensure completion. Everyone’s work is interdependent and applicants should consider whether they feel comfortable working in an environment with relatively high levels of autonomy and responsibility, and a focus on results. We are currently trialling implementation of a results-only work environment.
We understand that technology/software development can entail unforeseen bugs, issues or requirements. We encourage careful planning to include an allowance for this and require flexibility to be able to change an objective where necessary or appropriate. However, all members of the team understand the need to work around unforeseen issues, sometimes at relatively short notice, to solve problems and address important issues.
This role will require the individual to form part of the company’s technical emergency response team; in the event of a major technical emergency you will be required to assist at short notice.
Ultimately, Get My Grades is a company with a focus on high levels of performance and delivery, working on complex international e-learning projects. We understand that many students depend on our work for at least part of their education and we take our responsibility seriously. At the same time, we try to offer a rewarding and meaningful role, with the opportunity to make a real impact on ourselves and others.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of Front-end frameworks, ideally VueJS, but other similar frameworks considered.
- Laravel Framework (Zend or Symfony considered).
- Core front-end technologies: HTML5, SASS, BEM and Webpack.
- You’re motivated and have great organisational and communication skills.
- You’re curious, and love to learn and try new technologies.
- You know your limits and how to work on a deadline.
- You work well in a test-driven, agile team.
- You are a problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind.
- You are able to take on the new challenges ahead together with the growing business.
- The ability to plan effectively and consider a range of risks and challenges, accounting for them appropriately.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with testing frameworks.
- Experience building continuous integration and delivery pipelines (CI / CD).
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
Our current tech stack:
Front End – VueJS
Back End – PHP (Laravel)
Server – AWS
Database – MYSQL data structure with Amazon Aurora
Analytics – Matomo
Landing Site – WordPress (currently, but looking to migrate)
CRM/Email Service – HubSpot
What You Get:
- Salary: £50-60k per annum, dependent on experience.
- Initially based remotely; main office in Woolwich (with the possibility of continued remote working / office based working or a flexible arrangement going forward).
- Share option scheme.
- Company Bonus Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 UK bank holidays.
- A ‘perks at work’ recognition package.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity please get in touch and email Sam with your CV and cover letter to: