Join an online revolution to reduce teacher workload whilst increasing student performance at secondary school level!
Get My Grades is a hard-working, driven team of developers and educators who have been working together to design the ultimate educational platform. We are passionate about using our experience in education and the latest technology together to reduce teacher workload and enhance students’ online learning experience. Now that we have succeeded in launching our platform to students, parents, tutors, and teachers, we are looking to expand our core team so that together, we can continue improving the fantastic service we offer to our clients worldwide.
We’re looking for a CTO with relevant experience in our tech-stack to take a lead on the development of our platform, bringing the business deliverables and technology deadlines together.
Your current day-to-day role would include:
- Managing the existing tech team (3 members remote), defining goals and monitoring the performance of each team member.
- Representing the technological agenda in our 6-weekly, London-based, Tech Team Meetings.
- Defining key roles to recruit and owning the recruitment process for the tech team.
- Planning and implementing the overall technology vision and roadmap.
- Taking into consideration business goals and coming up with architecture and product initiatives in line with them.
- Getting hands-on and stuck in, helping to design, procure, deploy, and maintaining technology infrastructure.
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Implementing customer and prospect feedback in features roadmap.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You’re interested in changing education and willing to learn about the pedagogy involved.
- You’re motivated and have great organisational and communication skills.
- You know your limits and how to work on a deadline.
- You are a problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind.
- You are able to take on the new challenges ahead together with the growing business.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- At least 2 years in a managerial position (director, head of, CTO)
- People leadership; having a multidisciplinary team reporting to you
- Demonstrable track record of successfully driving operational change and technical development.
- Want to make a significant impact, both commercially and also in terms of social benefit, in your next role.
- Significant determination and the ability to commit to the right role for at least 2-3 years.
Our current stack:
Front End – VueJS
Back End – PHP (Laravel)
Server – AWS
Database – MYSQL data structure with Amazon Aurora
Analytics – Matomo
Landing Site – WordPress (currently, but looking to migrate)
CRM/Email Service – HubSpot
What You Get:
- Competitive Salary – Tell us what will make you happy and we will accommodate for the right candidate!
- Share options.
- Access to our Company Bonus Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 UK bank holidays.
- A ‘perks at work’ recognition package.
- Fresh fruit every day (or biscuits).
- A fully functional luxury tea and coffee machine, always at your service!
- An office based in central Woolwich, SE18.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity please get in touch and email Sam with your CV and cover letter to:
This role is full-time, 8:45-5:30pm, Monday-Friday based in our office.