Join an online revolution to reduce teacher workload whilst increasing student performance at secondary school level!
Get My Grades is a hard-working, driven team of developers and educators who have been working together to design the ultimate educational platform. We are passionate about using our experience in education and the latest technology together to reduce teacher workload and enhance students’ online learning experience. Now that we have succeeded in launching our platform to students, parents, tutors, and teachers, we are looking to expand our core team so that together, we can continue improving the fantastic service we offer to our clients worldwide.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Developer with AWS/Dev Ops experience to join our growing team as we scale up our operations. Our current tech stack consists of a REST API written in PHP (Laravel) hosted on AWS (EC2 and Amazon RDS/Aurora) which is consumed by a SPA front end written in VueJS. We are looking for somebody who is interested in developing the performance and, scalability of our platform and get hands-on with cloud technologies, as well as improving the reliability by implementing Test-Driven Development and participating in code peer reviews.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- AWS DevOps experience or a willingness to learn.
- Object-Oriented PHP.
- You’re motivated and have great organisational and communication skills.
- You’re curious, and love to learn and try new technologies.
- You know your limits and how to work on a deadline.
- You work well in a test-driven, agile team.
- You are a problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind.
- You are able to take on the new challenges ahead together with the growing business.
Our current stack:
Code Versioning – GitLab
Front End – VueJS
Back End – PHP (Laravel)
Server – AWS
Database – MYSQL data structure with Amazon Aurora
Analytics – Matomo
Landing Site – WordPress (currently, but looking to migrate)
CRM/Email Service – HubSpot
What You Get:
- Competitive Salary – Tell us what will make you happy and we will accommodate for the right candidate!
- Share options.
- Access to our Company Bonus Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 UK bank holidays.
- A ‘perks at work’ recognition package.
- Fresh fruit every day (or biscuits).
- A fully functional luxury tea and coffee machine, always at your service!
- An office based in central Woolwich, SE18, an up and coming EdTech Area!
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity please get in touch and email Sam with your CV and cover letter to:
This role is full-time, 8:45-5:30pm, Monday-Friday based in our office.